Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Library Love

     I love to read. No surprises there, I suppose. Unfortunately, being a semi-typical 20 something (broke as a joke) leaves me with a pretty minuscule book budget. Thankfully, I have a really badass public library down the street that I can take advantage of, and if they don't have what I need I an hop online, request it, and wait for it to show up (I seriously LOVE interlibrary loans).

     I have a TON of books on my TBR list (according to Goodreads it's 247. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?) but I  have plenty of downtown to read at work, so I manage to keep up with most of the series and authors that I'm obsessed with. This week I've got a pretty decent haul so I thought I'd share what I'd be doing in the next week or two.

The Madness Underneath (Shades of London 2) by Maureen Johnson

     I've actually already finished this book. I'm loving this series, although the ending to this one left me in suspense. You're killing me, Maureen Johnson! Absolutely cannot wait for the third, and this one's only just been released.








Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

     This one has been on my TBR list since before it was even released so I'm excited to have finally picked it up. Loving it so far! : )











Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

     This book has gotten a ton of buzz, and the blurb and the cover are both so beautiful and intriguing.











Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

     Zombies and Gena Showalter's writing: two things that make the long, long list of things that I love that make me happy. Can't wait to get to this one, and that cover...seriously? Love it! I started this one today at the laundromat and wound up laughing out loud and sighing loudly, guaranteeing that I would have the whole bench to myself. Bonus!










The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

     Another book that got a TON of hype. The cover is definitely eye-catching and everything I've heard from people who've read the series has been positive. I'm pretty stoked to start this one, too.













     So, what about you all? What books will you  be devouring this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love comments! Also coffee, Super Mario, and jelly beans but that's not relevant. If you're a new follower let me know so I can follow back.

Thanks for stopping by!