Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Upcoming book-to-film adaptations

     I feel like so many of the movies that have been made over the past year have been either sequels or book adaptations. Hollywood running low on ideas? No complaints here, so long as they don't half ass it! Here are some upcoming confirmed book-to-film adaptations over the next year or so. If you know of any others, leave them in the comments! I am not always super up-to-date on this stuff. : )

Horns by Joe Hill
Film Release: October 11, 2013

     If you don't know (I didn't when I first fell in love with his writing) Joe Hill is Stephen King's son and an absolutely amazing storyteller (shocker!) This isn't my favorite of his books (that honor goes to Heart-Shaped Box) but this is the only one I know of heading to the silver screen. Guess who's starring? Guess!!

Daniel Radcliffe! He is set to portray the tortured title character Ig Perrish. Eee!






Divergent by Veronica Roth
Film Release: March 24, 2014

I'm sure by now you all know about this one, but Veronica Roth's highly acclaimed novel Divergent is being made into a film starring Shailene Woodley, Zoe Kravitz, and a bunch of other super-talented stars. To be honest, I haven't actually gotten around to reading these books, but I know that they've gotten really great reviews around the blogosphere.







The Maze Runner by James Dasher
Film Release: February 14, 2014

     This YA novel about a boy who wakes up in a giant maze with no memories. So, that sounds pretty legit. This is another of those novels that got a TON of wonderful reviews but I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Man, my TBR list is HUGE. Honestly. James Dasher also has writing credits on this film, so hopefully he was able to bring the novel to life the way he wanted it to be portrayed.








If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Film Release: ??

This novel was just...I don't even know what to say. I am both glad and worried that it's being made into a movie, because sometimes you see a film adaptation of a book and it's like WHYYY. So, we'll see. This is set to star Chloe Grace Moretz, who is just AMAZING, so I'm thinking this will be a pretty great movie. : )










Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Film Release: February 14, 2014

These books are crazy-popular, and they are definitely not your typical vampire fare. The film is set to star Zoey Deutch who is just insanely beautiful. She was also in the Beautiful Creatures movie (as Emily Asher), and she's in that ABC show Switched at Birth.











The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Film Release: 2014

This book broke my freaking heart, you guys. Repeatedly. And I loved every damn second of it. The film is set to star Shailene Woodley and I would this is probably one of the ones I'm more excited/anxious about. Damn. Seriously, I loved this book so hard and if you haven't read it you need to. John Green is wonderfully talented. Just...seriously.







And there are a ton of things that are listed as 'in development', so who knows if they'll get off the ground. Here are a few:

The Age of Miracles by Karen Walker Thompson (THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING)
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (OMG!)
Matched by Ally Condie (Supposedly the entire trilogy has been picked up by Disney)


And then of course there's Catching Fire and City of Bones, both of which I am INSANELY excited about because I absolutely DEVOURED both of those  book series.

So. It's shaping up to be an interesting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love comments! Also coffee, Super Mario, and jelly beans but that's not relevant. If you're a new follower let me know so I can follow back.

Thanks for stopping by!