Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

     Hey-oh, it's Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers get the chance to share the books we're all twitterpated over. Yes, that's right. Twitterpated. This week my WoW is:

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
by April Genevieve Tucholke
Publication Date: August 20, 2013

     You stop fearing the devil when you're holding his hand...

     Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White's sleepy, seaside town....until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet's crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet's grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet's already so knee-deep in love, she can' see straight. And that's just how River likes it.

     Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of a gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeous told as it is terrifying. A debut to watch.

     Gothic romance? Mystery boy? Sign me up! Plus, look at that cover? It's seriously gorgeous, and perfectly matches the tone set by the blurb. Can't wait!

What's your WoW? Leave me a link in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Havent heard of it but it sounds like a good one!

    New follower here via GFC!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I feel about this. The title sounds scary but the blurb seems interesting. And I love the cover! It adds to the creepiness.

    Thanks for visiting my baby blog. :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am SO EXCITED to read this one! It's creepy, it's got romance and it has a beautiful cover. What more do you need? Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Hollie @ Music, Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book either!! It sounds absolutely amazing. I adore the typography, the creepiness of it, and the whole devil thing. AWESOME!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one too. Great pick =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to read it when it comes out. I'm just really excited about it. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it too.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen lots of excitement about this one, and I definitely see why. The synopsis sounds so cool and so different, and that cover is awesome! Great pick!
    Thank you for stopping by my WoW this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love comments! Also coffee, Super Mario, and jelly beans but that's not relevant. If you're a new follower let me know so I can follow back.

Thanks for stopping by!